SL1 dark pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ken swanson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
my sl1 is taking much darker pictures than my old canon slr 6mp rebel camera.Both cameras in ikelite housings ,two dive trips.My old camera would take well lit pictures at ios 100 1/125 aperture 5.6 or 8,my sl1 is producing dark pictures at Iso 200 or 400 1/60 aperture 5.6 with kit lens and canon 18/18 lens .does this camera need more light?Using ikelite 160 strobe

With those strobes you should have no issues at all. Can you show us an example?
thanks
Bill

Your mode dial is set to? What are the strobes set to? Are you shooting wide or macro?

Your mode dial is set to? What are the strobes set to? Are you shooting wide or macro?
All manual,wide angle.I try to match camera and strobe settings to ambient light conditions.It just seems that I have to use much wider f stops and iso settings than I have in the past.I've dove in Canada for many years.Maybe I have a setting wrong or need to dive with new camera more.next year I will take both cameras and compair

In your kitchen take the same scene with the same lens with both cameras out of the housing. That will give you a good indication if it is the camera or the strobe. Repeat with the camera in the housings and again compare
Bill

Sounds like your flash isn't synchronizing with the camera. Double check your flash is on TTL and battery pack is fully charge as the housing's circuitry needs power from it to provide TTL control.

Also check if your camera menu is set to TTL under a MENU flash control setting. Might have been switched to manual.

Last thing check your hot shoe connection.

If you don't see a LIGHTNING bolt on your LCD and in the camera's viewfinder LED display when the DS160 ready light is on you have no flash connection.

David Haas
Haas Photography Inc.
www.haasimages.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom