Sl960D flah battery compartment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MSPDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My orginal battery compartment on the SL960D broke. The metal contact snapped off. I always thought that this was the weakest part of the strobe. It seamed like not much though or enginering went into the "box." Anyway, I ordered new one from sealife parts. I was plesantly surprised to see that it has been redisgned. The new model is much more prudent and efficent. MY question is, was there a recall on this product or is Sealife in anyway willing to send me another battery compartment to compensate for the poor design? Thanks- love the strobe.

Joe, I am in the same boat as MSPDiver. At the end of our last trip my SL960D wasn't flashing anymore (or even charging up for that matter). After taking it apart I noticed a crack in the end of the battery compartment which prevented the contacts from making full contact with the batteries. Some tape on it got us through the trip but I need to get a replacement for it.

Was just about ready to throw away this flash because I can't find a battery compartment on island and online on that will be mailed to St. Thomas. Is it possible to get one still?

Since you are not in the USA, I can send you one from here. PM me a good mailing address.

Joe

I'm also having problems with my strobe due to the crack in my battery compartment. I tried tape but doesn't work. Is there any way to get replacement as well.

Back
Top Bottom