Slave mode of YS-90 TTL/ Auto Duo Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lrossel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Dear Sea&Sea guys,

ys90auto.jpg

I own this great strobe and I want to use it with a Ikelite DS51 Strobe in TTL mode with my G10 with Ikelite Housing.

I'm planning to use a fiber optic to "connect" the YS-90 to the flash light of the DS51.

I want to know if the Optic Slave mode can be used to make the YS-90 "replicate" the flash firing time of the DS51. I'mean, if this mode will make the YS-90 to copy the flash of the DS51 in time duration.

If this is what the slave mode does, then I can use both strobes to get the right exposure of my shots.

What set-up you recomend for the YS-90 to make this?

I'm too wrong?

My only option is to use the Heinrichs adapter?

Hi-
Slave mode on the YS-90 (and any of the SEA&SEA strobes) means that the camera's on-board flash is used to fire the slave using the sensor and without an electronic connection. It will not mimic or allow you to "replicate" a flash of a DS51 strobe. You will have to use a TTL converter or adapter in order to get what you desire. Even with a TTL converter or adapter, you have different strobes with different guide numbers, beam angles, recycle times so be aware of that as well. Good luck.

Thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom