Sleeping in the tropics.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had to dash out of my room in the middle of the night one too many times for any teddy type sleepwear! :facepalm:

It seems to me after everyone has seen me in my bathing suit, and contortions to get in and out of my wetsuit, seeing me in my sleeping clothes when we have reason to be running out into the hall in the middle of the night . . .suffice to say, I'm not worried about that.

I've seen men sleeping in the lounge area or up on the sundeck. I've always assumed this was because men snore and the guy who stayed in his cabin was the one that out snored the guy sleeping in the lounge.

:p

That's a good (and baffling) point...why do we care about what we are wearing when we go and put a sarong on when in reality Chilli just nailed it...were in bikinis, one pieces, tankini, skins and lord knows a Lycra dive skin is not ever going to be a flattering garment that hides those love handles...or the guys are in shorts, ughh speeds, bellies hanging out. Contortions indeed, we are bending over, fiddling between legs for crotch straps, fishing wetsuit zipper pulls that are wedged inside someone else's wetsuit out for them and let's face it, if divers were focused on anything but diving, the activity we partake in would be a perverts delight/nightmare.

Does anyone ever hook up with another diver randomly met on a LOB after seeing how you look first thing in the morning bending over with hairy legs and hair that may do with a retouch or in my case a brush lol?

That's a good (and baffling) point...why do we care about what we are wearing when we go and put a sarong on when in reality Chilli just nailed it...were in bikinis, one pieces, tankini, skins and lord knows a Lycra dive skin is not ever going to be a flattering garment that hides those love handles...or the guys are in shorts, ughh speeds, bellies hanging out. Contortions indeed, we are bending over, fiddling between legs for crotch straps, fishing wetsuit zipper pulls that are wedged inside someone else's wetsuit out for them and let's face it, if divers were focused on anything but diving, the activity we partake in would be a perverts delight/nightmare.

Does anyone ever hook up with another diver randomly met on a LOB after seeing how you look first thing in the morning bending over with hairy legs and hair that may do with a retouch or in my case a brush lol?

It's such a sexy activity!
Especially when one needs a buddy cleanup and no one says anything until that diver quits being so excited over what they'd just seen.

As other responses have said, shared cabins with complete strangers randomly assigned can be problematic. How problematic depends on each parties willingness to 'deal'.

I have to sleep on the deck of a LOB because my allocated room mate snored so loud that it was an absolutely night mare to sleep.
Unfortunately there was no viable solution to the issue. However, actually quite enjoyed the glittering stars in the middle of night and sun rise etc etc.

Centrals another thing that "baffles" me - and I ask this from a diver and sailor standpoint - did you get much sleep overall - ive always felt really sorry for deck sleepers - mostly because I'm a chronic insomniac and have a habit of roaming around when everyone is sleeping. The last two LOBS ive done have had deck sleepers who both said they chose to sleep outdoors because it added to their "being with nature" vibe - one aussie, one German. The Aussie guy opted to snore outdoors and my God he did that well. Perhaps IM the worst thing on a LOB

It seems to me after everyone has seen me in my bathing suit, and contortions to get in and out of my wetsuit, seeing me in my sleeping clothes when we have reason to be running out into the hall in the middle of the night . . .suffice to say, I'm not worried about that.
lol... true that, but I guess I look at it like ...what do I want to be wearing while floating in a dingy in the middle of the night waiting to be saved.

lol... true that, but I guess I look at it like ...what do I want to be wearing while floating in a dingy in the middle of the night waiting to be saved.

Good point. I'll put a tshirt in my ready bag.

@Cali_diver lol that made me laugh.... may I use it next time I'm crewing on anything that has overnight guests

"Dress code is casual, but do give some thought to what you'd like to be wearing should we need to be rescued at 4am" :wink:

...what do I want to be wearing while floating in a dingy in the middle of the night waiting to be saved

Well, now I know what I'll be doing for the next few days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom