slinging a pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

novadiver:
It's the management of the company that I have a problem with!
This is what you base your equipment choice on...LOL

mempilot:
Since the ride of the tanks is a preference per this conversation, I'll say you're right. I don't need much in the way of hydrodynamics inside a wreck, so I like mine to ride the way they do.

But you still didn't answer my question. Why do Luxfer tanks suck? I can see you think Luxfer management sucks, but most people feel they make a good product. Maybe I'm missing something. Did they wrong you in some way? It can't be the price. They are a loss-leader for most dive shops. The quality seems to be inline with other manufacturers, and better than most.

Happy Turkeyday to you too! :)

I vote with my wallet! If I don't like the way a company does business I don't buy crap from them (aloy used, manufacturing process, rebate given, warrenty prorating, ect.)I don't buy NIKE shoes for the same reason. I won't go around tell people that the product is unsafe. I just won't buy it. My principles are higher than others. Other than that( and the company news release on what happened at Cave excersion in FL.) I just prefer a cat under my arms,

Thanks for the" happy turkeyday" . Theres not to many countries that give thanks for the "blessings". This one must be special. :usa:

Ya, I don't make decisions based on my wallet either. I look at quality of materials and construction. I look at performance. The only difference is, I don't look at the company's management style. As a matter of fact, I could care less if the CEO is an ahole or not. As for marketing(rebates and such), I'll take advantage of whatever they throw at me, as long as I've already choosen their product based on the above qualities. OMS is a good example. I like some of their products, but not others. I here the company is a PITA, but for the few items I have that are OMS, I believe they meet my requirements over the competition. I've never had a problem with Luxfer, so I can't make the decision based on what you've said unless you can give some examples where safety and performance are hindered.

I'd like to hear them, since I'm going to be buying some more tanks in '05.

mempilot:
Ya, I don't make decisions based on my wallet either. I look at quality of materials and construction. I look at performance. The only difference is, I don't look at the company's management style. As a matter of fact, I could care less if the CEO is an ahole or not. As for marketing(rebates and such), I'll take advantage of whatever they throw at me, as long as I've already choosen their product based on the above qualities. OMS is a good example. I like some of their products, but not others. I here the company is a PITA, but for the few items I have that are OMS, I believe they meet my requirements over the competition. I've never had a problem with Luxfer, so I can't make the decision based on what you've said unless you can give some examples where safety and performance are hindered.

I'd like to hear them, since I'm going to be buying some more tanks in '05.

I agree about OMS. they make a good product but have total aholes that work there( shareholder value).I also like the OMS valves that have the yoke and din option. As you know , slow opening valves are better with high O2 than fast openung valves , because of the oxidation of the viton O rings. In the future, I plan to do a trimix course , Which means I'll need steel backgas and steel deco bottles.(optional) because it's easier to fill low presure O2 into a deco bottle. I plan to use some steel LP 72s for this project. That's just me.

I wish you the best in your endevers( spelling sucks after drinking tequila) Happy T day :dance:

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom