SM regs: XTX50 vs Dive Rite vs ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, my SM reg question has solved itself. I won DRIS' Dunkin Punkin (aka underwater pumpkin carving) contest today (2nd time in a row, too!). My prize was an XTX50 DIN reg! :D I'll pair that with the one currently on my pony, get hoses, etc., as well as the 5th port added, and I'm set. The money saved will go towards my Perdix. :)

Well, my SM reg question has solved itself. I won DRIS' Dunkin Punkin (aka underwater pumpkin carving) contest today (2nd time in a row, too!). My prize was an XTX50 DIN reg! :D I'll pair that with the one currently on my pony, get hoses, etc., as well as the 5th port added, and I'm set. The money saved will go towards my Perdix. :)
Congrats!
What, not a word (here) about completing the 100st. dive? Congrats again.

Congrats!
What, not a word (here) about completing the 100st. dive? Congrats again.

Oops, thanks for reminding me to change my number of dives! :wink:

So a DST first stage with XTX50 second stage? Nice haul.

Yes. My haul last year was even better - Halcyon Infinity 40 BP/W I still use and love.

Oh,and remember I wanted to keep a dedicated pony reg for when I'm backmounting a single tank? I'm taking my original AL Legend yoke first stage and having it converted to DIN. Second stage will be my original octo, currently unused since I switched to a long hose setup, added to pony 40" hose.

I'm glad I saved those bits and pieces as I was thinking about selling them. Cost for DIN conversion is around $100.

Since there seem to be conflicting opinions on the necessity of the 5th port, I'm going to try things without it for the time being. I'm going to get in the pool to try my SM gear with SM friends a couple of times over the winter.

Decided on rubber hoses. Will work out short/inflator hose lengths to start out with. Very impatiently waiting for my prize reg to arrive at the shop. I'm tired of watching other people dive SM and want to do it with my own gear! :D

For a $100 you can get yourself a SP Mk2 in DIN with a G250 2nd stage.

You'll get more value selling the Legend than wasting $100 on a DIN conversion for it.

As I have a preference for AL/Apeks, I'll stick with what I have.

For a $100 you can get yourself a SP Mk2 in DIN with a G250 2nd stage.

You'll get more value selling the Legend than wasting $100 on a DIN conversion for it.

din mk2's and 5's are like hens teeth these days....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom