Small group sailing catamaran/diving charters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Banon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for a charter sailing/scuba vacation but haven't been able to find one that looks like a good match. Anyone know of someone that does the following at a reasonable price?

1. Caribbean based sailing catamaran 40-45'. Location is only important in that it provides reasonable diving and not overly crowded beach bars. :)
2. Crewed by owner operators or similar small operation.
3. 7-10 day charter that gives some decent diving, a little fishing, maybe a little spearfishing, and a lot of relaxation.

There are some operations that talk about "elite" service, "gormet" meals, all the pampering, etc... Those are all nice, but I'm really more interested in a laid back good time than a lot of pampering. Blackbeards would be close, but doubles cabins are a requirement from the wife. :)

Anyone know of an operation similar to what I'm looking for?

Thanks in advance.
Banon

banon,
have you considered chartering a private crewed yacht?
we have done this several times and we've all had a fantastic time.
my broker is regency out of st. thomas.
their phone # is 800/524-7676.
i think they can find you what you want.
tell them smokey gave you the #.
regards,

sandrascuba:
You might want to look at the Oasis. Captain Julian is a great captain and Oasis is the best. They do trips in the BVI and around the Grenadines.

http://www.sailoasis.com/Oasis.html

Have fun!

Sandra

They say on there website that they only do four dives per week, and extra dives are 50 a piece. Thats simply not enough diving for me.

This past week was so busy that this is the first chance I've had to think about vacations again. Sad, eh?

Thanks for all the replies. I've seen some, but others are new for me. Regency looks especially interesting because it looks like they match up a variety of boats, crews, and customers... but I'll look into them all again. Research time! :)

Take care all.

Banon

How odd to see this thread today. Just yesterday I was chatting with a charter boat operator out of Miami and came to the realization that it would be a much better deal than a regular livaboard trip.

Capt Bill runs custom trips to the Bahamas.

His web site is http://www.sail-cats.com/

I agree. However, if you fill the boat you can work out as much diving as you want to do and negotiate the price as well.

Sandra

Belize has several operations, many lagoons to visit, excellant snorkeling, navigation can be tricky. Bring a gps. Did it 3 times and will do it again. They have 42' cats. Best night sky ever! Joe R.

Back
Top Bottom