SMB recomendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm in the market for a new SMB. I like the looks of the DAN one but they don't say if it is a closed bottom or has a one way valve. I like you can inflate it 3 ways. Are the radar strips effective or a gimmick? Does anyone have one and do you like it. I'm open to other suggestions also.

I have 2; a 4' one to use mostly as an ascent line here in Ontario lake diving and a 6' one for open ocean diving where a boat may need to spot me in big swells. In both cases I inflate orally although I have used my drysuit inflator hose effectively.

i'm quite partial to the halcyon 4.5" dsmb

i use the orange 6 ft. DAN lift bag ....it has the open bottom and the over pressure valve.

6' "Blue Reef" SMB from LeisurePro (their house brand). One-way open bottom, manual inflator, and OverPressureValve. The webpage shows a yellow bag, mine is orange <shrug>. Very sturdy. I like to fold it up (not rolled) and store it inside the pad on my backplate with just a short strap hanging out. I can pull it out in a flash and hook it to the reel.

Blue Reef Deluxe 6'(1.83m) SMB

I just went through this.

Anyone own the DAN SMB?

I purchased the DAN SMB and really like it. Now if the weather will warm up I can try it out.

I have a dry suit, but I'm land locked in Tennessee. Local quarries are not open this time of year. Plus I have to replace my BCD after mice got into my storage. I've narrowed it down to 2 and I'm going this weekend to make final choice.

I'm hoping my LDS takes a Florida trip in March so I can get wet. Right now, ScubaBoard is as close to diving as I can get!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom