SMB/Spool...my take

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow the comments about Florida diving were way off the mark.

In Florida, you basically need to be diving in proximity to a dive flag. A float, smb etc, might be smart, or even an essential piece of equipment, but it is not required by law, it provides no special protection or recognition by boaters. Use of an SMB does not negate the legal requirements of a dive flag.

In Florida, you basically need to be diving in proximity to a dive flag. A float, smb etc, might be smart, or even an essential piece of equipment, but it is not required by law, it provides no special protection or recognition by boaters. Use of an SMB does not negate the legal requirements of a dive flag.
Fair enough...in the area where I dove for a handful of years (Ft. Lauderdale/Boca Raton) at the time, I was told it was a "legal" requirement to be within a certain distance of a flag/buoy/etc...maybe 100 ft...possibly to give the jet skis something to slalom around :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom