Smileys not posting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jack Hammer

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

When I add Smileys to posts they often don't show. I've had to edit most posts to add them, sometimes it takes multiple attempts. Today, i made a post and they won't show at all. It tends to leave a post up to interpretation, too many people are looking for ways to be offended. Is it my device or a site issue?

Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet - Android 5.1.1 - Chrome

Thanks

2 signs (Don't feed the trolls and TMI) and five others seem to have gone awol overnight so have been removed from the list otherwise they all seem to be working for me. I don't have an Android tablet I can test with but I see them all and can add them to posts with my Win10 tablet and Chrome.

I'll be looking for "new" versions of the signs later today to replace them.

Last edited:
I see them both in your post was there a problem adding either just now in your previous post?

:wink::)

Let us know if there's still a problem with the tablet later - there are some tablet customizations that can be looked at afaik.

I see them both in your post was there a problem adding either just now in your previous post?

:wink::)

Let us know if there's still a problem with the tablet later - there are some tablet customizations that can be looked at afaik.
When I post them they show up on the screen until I press post reply, then half the time or more they disappear from the actual post. I'll try later from the tablet and take some screen shots

I don't see anything in post #7 either. In post #8 I see one smiley but it's not one of ours,

Here's what I see in post #8 real size
Capture1.JPG

and zoomed in to 200%
Capture.JPG

We don't have a plain whitefaced smiley like that on the board. I suspect Android may be doing substitutions.

Let's do a baseline test.

Click the Smilies tab at the bottom of the post and select several of them. Hover over each briefly and post the name of it also. Do a couple - try to pick ones with standard names that would functional across both Android/Windows -

No or shakehead would be good picks. the 19th/20th from the left in the top row. Also pick a couple from the first 13 - those are the only smilies supplied by Xenforo - the rest I added.

I want to see if it looks the same both to you and across different platforms I can access.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom