Smoke On the Water or not

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divescape

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been given a pair of Atomic Aquatics fins, which i am very excited about trying. I have been having a look on the website and on reviews, which makes me just want to try them in the bath tonight!

Getting to the point my question is this how do i know if they are smoke on the water or any other atomic aquatics split fin? Perhaps this is a simple question, but this is not a range of fins that is advertised much in South Africa.

Thank you.

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

I believe they are the "smoke on the water" version if the are basically all black and then the harder plastic is blackish where you can see some light through it. All of the other ones that have the colors (red, pink, blue etc) are their normal fins.

Hi Stephen,

I believe they are the "smoke on the water" version if the are basically all black and then the harder plastic is blackish where you can see some light through it. All of the other ones that have the colors (red, pink, blue etc) are their normal fins.

Thats exactly what mine look like. :D

If they came with spring straps, that's another indicator. While springs could have been added later, the SOTW come with them standard.

Thanks that answers that. I think they are the other kind but still, can't complain still look like a fantastic fin, so roll on weekend lets go diving!

Hello Stephen....Staggs, warmwater, and the Dr. are all correct. The Smoke on the Water is the black fin with smoky (see through) inserts. These come standard with our spring straps and are made of the lightweight, high energy compound. Similar to the smokes are our red, pink, and purple. Our blue, royal blue, and silver are made from a slightly heavier compound and are just as efficient. These all come standard with regular fin straps, but spring straps can be added after the fact. Enjoy your new fins....you are going to love 'em.

Atomic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom