Smoking and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Except it does affect me. When I'm on a dive boat and breathing in the beautiful ocean air and I suddenly get a lungful of carcinogenic burning nicotine, it affects me.

When I walk in or out of a restaurant and must pass through a crowd of ignorant, inconsiderate smokers that have a need to congregate outside the front door as they all light up at the same time and am forced to either hold my breath or breathe in a lungful of disgusting burning paper, it affects me.

When I write my monthly check for my health insurance premiums, it affects me, because when smokers have medical issues and the insurance company pays to treat those smoking induced issues, the amount I pay every month goes up.

When I get out of my car and walk across the parking lot towards my building and stoop down and pick up countless cigarette butts left by selfish, lazy smokers, it affects me.

When I'm driving down the road and I see a smoker flick their butt out the car window which pollutes my environment and sometimes causes fires, it affects me.

When I read statistics about the number of work days lost due to sickness associated with smoking and the devastating effect it has on the global economy, it affects me.

5C876B1E-3F47-4713-B6F8-634C3B360D1A.jpeg

There we go!

Tell those awful people to stop doing things you believe impact you

English has grammer now? Next your gonna tell me its got 'em declensions and inflections too?

(Edit: possessive it's needs no apostrophe)

It's not just a belief that when a smoker light up in my vicinity it impacts me, one way or another.

Just like when I fart, it impacts you.

Really?

I have zero sense of smell and burn tires for fun.

You anti smoking a$$hats are all the same.. Get a life, .. What ever happened to this "USA" country and live and let live..

Jim..

Maybe Jim thinks he can go up to a random woman on the street and grab her boobs too. Or walk into a store and grab money out of the cash register. Or do heroin on a city street. Because, "Hey it's a free country, live and let live and anyone that tries to curtail my freedoms is an a$$hat"

The times I have encountered smokers on dive boats they have been most considerate. Even though I am put off by the smell of burning tobacco I cut them slack as being the victims of a very compelling adiction.
My Dad, as he declined from the effects of smoking related emphysema, would periodically unplug from his canned O2 to smoke a cigarette in the garden. We didn't criticize him because by then he didn't have a lot to live for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom