Smoking and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok I get it, smoking is a choice and 2nd hand smoke is just a minor side effect for the weak....

So when I drink beer after the last dive I'm just gonna piss on the deck all over everyones gear.. I mean Ive been drinking beer and pissing for a really long time...Its a free country.... Live and let live...
(sarcasm intended)
LOL...

So when I drink beer after the last dive I'm just gonna piss on the deck all over everyones gear.. I mean Ive been drinking beer and pissing for a really long time...Its a free country.... Live and let live...
(sarcasm intended)
LOL...

Just make sure you piss upwind so it goes all over the place just like cigarette smoke does.

The piss analogy isn't that good because you aren't really harming anyone by pissing on them.

The piss analogy isn't that good because you aren't really harming anyone by pissing on them.

Is it time to move this to 4chan yet?

Oh, yeah that makes sense. Next time I'm on a dive vacation and I'm on the boat at 8 am after signing my waivers and putting my gear on board, I'll wait to set it up until after I question each person on the boat as to whether they will be smoking at some point during the excursion and if so I'll just pack up my stuff and go jetskiing.
See the post below yours.

Or stop being poor and using cattle boats full of smokers

Nothing good comes from smoking.
I quit and should have much eatlier-or never started.
Smoking “ takes your breath away” by basically making breathing much more difficult.
It stinks and offends everyone. Even when I smoked I hated smelling a sports bar patio where smoking was allowed.
There is no justification for it. Nothing positive comes from smoking. Smoking can’t be defended.
Smoke cannot be inflicted upon others then somehow excused.
St one rime or other I used every excuse in the book. None are reasonable.

Nothing good comes from smoking.
I quit and should have much eatlier-or never started.
Smoking “ takes your breath away” by basically making breathing much more difficult.
It stinks and offends everyone. Even when I smoked I hated smelling a sports bar patio where smoking was allowed.
There is no justification for it. Nothing positive comes from smoking. Smoking can’t be defended.
Smoke cannot be inflicted upon others then somehow excused.
St one rime or other I used every excuse in the book. None are reasonable.

Individual choices do not need to be defended.

Welcome to America.

Chronic long term tobacco smoking is an addiction. Considering how deadly some of the contents of tobacco smoke, (stroke, coronary artery disease, emphysema, lung cancer, etc) There’s no other way a sane person would participate in that activity knowing those risks. IMHO.

I think the OP is trying to impose their beliefs on others. No I am not a smoker. This is the result of agendas. Unless their smoking affects the air in our tank. Is it any business of yours what some one else does. This is not an opening for second third forth fifth hand smoke debate. This vary same argument could be made that Padi does not reflect its views for caring for the environment if divers drive gas hogs.

Individual choices do not need to be defended.

Especially when they're indefensible.

How can a person who voluntarily participates in an activity that has known health risks that costs hundreds or thousands of dollars per year possibly defend their position? By saying "because it feels good?". Might as well say the same thing about heroin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom