Snorkel use

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My kids don't like vegetables either but I wouldn't say I was proud of them. I've never met a person who really knows how to snorkel who says they don't like them.

So, did you see anything in Green Lake?

It was awesome actually! Well in part it was because the day was awesome (for Seattle) as it was sunny and 90 degrees. I went in with only shorts and no exposure protection, fins and mask/snorkel.

The viz was excellent. Since GL never gets deeper than 13 feet viz was unlimited in the downward direction. There are larger rocks in some areas and there are usually multiple freshwater sculpin about.

There is an island on one side of the lake and just before I got out to check that out I ran into a couple of larger (trout/bass/?) fish. I also saw a school of minnows.

Much of the lake is just sand/silt in other parts there is vegetation so it's like swimming over a miniature kelp forest. In other areas the surface is covered by water lilies so of course it's very dark under those areas. I didn't go under those areas obviously with a snorkel.

It was bright underwater due to the sunny day and clear water. It wasn't cold after the initial shock and I warmed up and dried off immediately after getting out due to the 90 degree temp.

There was even a new hamburger/hot dog shack on the side of the lake that in went in so the "surface interval" :) was excellent as well.

It was so much fun I went back in for a second tour of the lake. Since there are no power boats (unless the Husky crew are out) there is nothing really to worry about as far as on the surface.

The only unfortunate aspect regarding snorkeling Green Lake is that there are very few sunny and 90 degree days a year in Seattle! I had a young, pretty bikini clad companion for this adventure so all the ingredients for a good snorkel were there! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom