snorkel, what’s it good for?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it OK to wear my mask on my forehead when I'm on the surface

If you want to by all means. Just dont be surprised if someone ask if your ok. :) Or even get a rope thrown to you or some macho dive master jump in and try to give you cpr on just trying to impress the ladies.

As an insturctor - I always make sure my students have their snorkels!

However underwater the snorkel prooves to be more of a distraction than it ever prooves usefull at the surface!

But the snorkel is very usefull in those rare distress moments where you loose a diver or an object and you need to search from the suface.

Snorkels are also handy for long suface swims - swimming on your back get get tierering !

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
As an insturctor - I always make sure my students have their snorkels!

However underwater the snorkel prooves to be more of a distraction than it ever prooves usefull at the surface!

But the snorkel is very usefull in those rare distress moments where you loose a diver or an object and you need to search from the suface.

Snorkels are also handy for long suface swims - swimming on your back get get tierering !

Regards,
Admin - check out our new dive adventure story site myscubastory.com

Now thats a statement I can agree with. Though out of touch with modern diving it does have its purposes on a handful of occasions.

Warm... and very wet.

Hey SAS. Hope everything is ok your direction and your family is safe. All you guys from Australia hang in there!

Thanks. K ellis

Hey SAS. Hope everything is ok your direction and your family is safe. All you guys from Australia hang in there!

Thanks! I'm good down in Melbourne. Family up in the floods got evacuated a few days ago and are safe.

Hadn't seen on the board lately glad you're OK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom