Snorkeling from the hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

choiahoy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey guys. I'm looking for recommendations for a place where my wife and I could dive, and my inlaws could snorkel, right from the resort. Any recommendations in the Caribbean?

Shore diving or boat diving for you? Remote or near stuff? Looking for more of a budget place, luxury or someplace in between? And what else is important, good food, shopping, other activities, or just quiet?

I haven't been in years but I thought the snorkeling within the lagoon off the Reef Resort (East End Cayman) was pretty nice, not so much a reef just scattered coral, but saw turtles and rays and lots of things in the seagrass, and there's other things out by the rocks as long as you're careful. And their whole beachfront/pool area is pretty nice. Also in front of Morritt's next door especially around the dock, though I think that got rebuilt after a hurricane some years ago and there's been lots of other construction there, so I don't know what it's like now. That's the quiet end of the island, less restaurants and stuff and you'll want a car, but not bad to drive to other parts of the island to do some stuff too. And they could go do Stingray city or a day at Rum Point. (Best to pick non-cruise ship and maybe non-weekend times for that.)

Kura Hulanda Lodge on Curacao is sort of remote but it's nice and there's good shore diving/snorkeling, and dive boats leaving from the dock. If they want to mix it up, also lots of little beaches where they could snorkel while you shore dive, some with facilities like bathrooms, snack bars, and dive shops.

I think a fair number of places on Roatan would work, though I'm not personally familiar with many of the places. Google snorkeling roatan for a start, or someone may be along to suggest specific places. Maybe Cocoview would work, though that is very much a divers place with no beach and a bit rustic if that matters (and I wasn't a fan of the food.)

I'm actually flexible on all things (price, proximity, activities) except for good snorkeling right from the hotel.

Being with my in laws, being able to take them snorkeling with little hassle and movement is definitely the priority.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I'm looking for recommendations for a place where my wife and I could dive, and my inlaws could snorkel, right from the resort. Any recommendations in the Caribbean?
You could pick any number of hotels or villas along the coast of Bonaire. You could start here- get a 2 bedroom condo: Den Laman

Back
Top Bottom