Snorkeling @Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all. I am stumped. Two friends are interested in visiting RA for a snorkeling trip. I am not sure how to approach their request. It’s my feeling that LoB’s cater to mostly to scuba divers, with dedicated dive guides. It’s hard to accommodate guests on a LoB that freedive/snorkel, since the dive sites locations are designed for scuba divers. Perhaps a Raja Ampat land-based resort might be more appropriate. FYI, my friends are intrepid travelers and have traveled extensively in Indonesia. What are your thoughts and suggestions.

Hi Charlier,

I suggest you enter in contact an ‘Homestay’ ( be patient) e.g.=> Yenkoranu Homestay: Raja Ampat accommodation on Kri Island

You’ll find more by searching in google with : ‘Raja Ampat Kri’

We went at the ‘Yenkoranu’ in 2017 and 2018….It’s very basic.

Kri-eco-resort is much better but much more expensive => Kri Eco Resort - Papua Diving Resorts - Raja Ampat - Indonesia
We could "snorkel" along the reef and do a lot of snorkeling trips.

In 2017 => Video in free diving

In 2018 => Snorkeling video from Raja Ampat and Sulawesi

Papua Paradise has two house reefs that would work for snorkeling and I could see snorkeling on some of the reefs nearby as well. Even their local manta dive would be a good candidate.

I would not want to do a liveaboard as a snorkeler in Raja. Some sites would be great, most would not.

am interested in this topic as friends are considering exactly this. One is a beginner diver and the other cannot dive for medical reasons. They want to see reefs and fish - where do I recommend they go???

Hi Darnold9999
I only went 2 times at Kri, and if you aren't afraid about what I shown at de 1:50 of the ( please choose 1080p)
=> Otherwise consider ‘Eri Eco Resort’…is much more comfortable and much more expensive...also!

=> Kri Eco Resort - Papua Diving Resorts - Raja Ampat - Indonesia

I don't know ‘Papua paradise'
I did not speak of “liveaboard” but of daily excursion… max 20 km min 10, to reach the various sites which I described in my videos.

Weda Resort is st the same Halmahera Sea as Raja Ampat. We never had any disappointed snorkeler at our resort. All said it was their best experience ever. Season 15 Sept. - 01 June.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom