So Close!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Son In Law
I suppose they could mean the same thing... depends on the daughter, I guess....:rofl3:

I got mine about a week after the opened it up to my age group(55+). My daughters have been working in the schools, so they did a mass vaccination through the district. The CVS I was at had an efficient system and there weren’t thousands, I don’t like the idea of mass sites like convention centers. It was very festive. My second shot is on Easter Sunday, an appropriate metaphor, I think...

I could figure it out, but I worry some people with limited skills or resources are goin to find it more difficult.

I wish the US would modify its policy based on what the UK is doing and delay the second dose for about 3 months (actual difference is being found to be about 10% effectivity for the second shot) and jab as many as possible as quickly as possible to achieve heard immunity faster.
I'm afraid that too many would skip the second shot. We seem to have the supplies now. Distribution challenges are normal but being addressed.

I don’t like the idea of mass sites like convention centers.
Why is that? For my first shot, I left in the dark to drive a hundred miles to Amarillo, found the site ok, parking wasn't bad, lined up, got in on the first group - didn't even need the camping chair and overcoat I took. We went thru faster than we would have in a smaller setting.

As the time approached for my second, I heard that my small town clinic supported by my property taxes was giving shots so I called several times, angry that they did not call me from the will-call list. I still wonder what the problem was but they got me on day 28 so I let it go.

I'm afraid that too many would skip the second shot. We seem to have the supplies now. Distribution challenges are normal but being addressed.

Why is that? For my first shot, I left in the dark to drive a hundred miles to Amarillo, found the site ok, parking wasn't bad, lined up, got in on the first group - didn't even need the camping chair and overcoat I took. We went thru faster than we would have in a smaller setting.

As the time approached for my second, I heard that my small town clinic supported by my property taxes was giving shots so I called several times, angry that they did not call me from the will-call list. I still wonder what the problem was but they got me on day 28 so I let it go.
Being in an area with a thousand other people (and driving there before dawn). What could go wrong? It’s not like I was there more than an hour, including the 15’ wait afterwards.

I am getting the Moderna, and the second shot kicks you ass for about 12 hours. I would much have a five or ten minute drive. CT has been doing pretty good organizationally. I am satisfied with their job so far. We got our asses handed to uss back in March last year and learned our lesson.

I am getting the Moderna, and the second shot kicks you ass for about 12 hours.
My daughter had a bit of a hangover the morning following, well over 18 hours after, but I didn't have any problems.

I have had both shots. Easy Peasy from the City of Frisco, TX. Very well organized.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom