So Close!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thats crazy. why would people not have to show ID ? too time consuming ? maybe they figure it would be such a minor problem that it was not worth the effort ?
just sounds bizarre to me that someone could come from another state (never mind another country) to get the shot.
i did read that there are americans getting their shots on a caribbean island (st maarten) where they spend winters. some people were furious that foreigners were taking shots away from the local residence, while others felt that it was no big deal and was not a problem.
personally, unless you are paying for medical coverage in that country, i think you should have to get it at home. just seems like the fair thing to do.
Well they are all human beings. You do have to show ID here to verify your identity matches the person signed up on the wait list and when notified that your slot on the list comes up you are sent a QR code to help speed processing at the 'jab' site, they were doing 12K a day went I got my first shot. There was no residency requirement to get on the list provided you qualified by class (currently 50+). If you did not have transportation or lacked mobility the county would have provided it.
Yes this is the xenophobic Texas the oracle of cunukastan rails against:D

FL just dropped the eligibility to 50+ starting today. My wife and I were able to secure appointments for later this week for Moderna at a Publix down the street. She gets her 1st shot Thu and mine is Fri.

People in Augusta and Albany seem to not want the vaccine. Plenty of places have spots available in those towns.
My husband had his first shot in Augusta this morning. He had an appointment and still waited almost an hour at the Department of Health vaccination site. It was very busy! I had both shots in Augusta as well. It was not as busy as today when I went.

Amarillo's vaccination clinic just announced that they'll shoot anyone 18 and older starting Monday, Mach 29. I have not seen a statewide announcement, but surely it's coming soon.

Amarillo's vaccination clinic just announced that they'll shoot anyone 18 and older starting Monday, Mach 29. I have not seen a statewide announcement, but surely it's coming soon.
I'm pretty sure I heard a similar statewide announcement for May 1 this morning on the radio, but I was just waking up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom