So i Man'd up and ordered the housing...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SVTFreak

New
Reaction score
for my digital rebel XT, from Sea and Sea. I have two YS90's that i will be running on two sync chords. I have a cannon 18-55 lens, and the zoom kit is coming with the housing (as well as the Compact wide port and compact macro port base, its what sea and sea said i needed)

I have been using a motormarine with the 20mm and 2t macros. Decided to change to this. My one qualm is that i want to be able to do some wide angle (18mm) and some macro (55mm macro) and is why i chose that lens after playing around with it on land.

What i need to know is this. Will that lens/port combo allow a wide variety of imaging? Also, what are some other options to possibly achieve that goal (boy how i wish someone made a 10mm/200mm macro lens :D )?

Also, I understand that TTL isnt an option on this setup. Do you guys run full manual in exposure/shutterspeed and strobe lighting, or run auto in any of the functions? Im used to running manual on the MMII. Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom