So, RX 100 II or III ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mark III in my comparison does not produce better video at 24/25p. Only at 50/60p and actually that doesn't look better than 24/25p so wouldn't bother with the mark III unless you use a ninja II. At that point you probably look at the GH4

The Mark III in my comparison does not produce better video at 24/25p. Only at 50/60p and actually that doesn't look better than 24/25p so wouldn't bother with the mark III unless you use a ninja II. At that point you probably look at the GH4

The future is in high frame rate 60/50/48p video not for slow motion slow frame rate 24/25/30p playback, but for ultra smooth and lifelike 60/50/48p playback. Personally, I won't bother shooting 30/25/24p anymore since 60/48p are the only acceptable frame rates for work.

I-121---how much longer you think the II's gunna be readily available???......I've decided(with my current UWL-04 & UCL 165 lens set up for my S-95) that I'm gunna go the II route ---WHEN & IF--my S-95 'bites it'..........should I be worried right now about the II not being out there in a year or so????....tia......

Few years. The UWL-04 is not a good lens for it thought. I can tell you because I have it. The mark II housing is still the best selling from nauticam

Thanks for the comeback--------interesting though.......I was told by 2 different 'places'---2 big US UW camera 'places'--that the UWL-04 would work good on the Nauticam housing for the II------but not be good for the G16 in the Nauticam housing( I was originally thinking about upgrading to the G16 in a Nauticam housing---if & when I 'need to')........What problem(s) would there be with the Nuaticam & the Sony???......

Also, what camera(& housing) would you recommend when 'that time comes' to utilize my macro & WA lens I already have--ie (threaded) UWL-04 & the UCL 165 lenses???.......tia....

Check in my blog i reviewed all lenses for the rx100 UCL 165 is fine but you need two for small things

Thanks...I checked your site(I think it was the right place --ie blog?) & found this page,http://interceptor121.com/tag/fisheye/ , scrolled about halfway down & saw some info on the UWL-04, is this what you're talking about ie "Check in my blog"???..........Also, do you have any photos to show what you're talking about ie "The UWL-04 is not a good lens for it " ???..........tia.......

Look at the images there you can see the corners are garbled
People that shoot this lens take it to f/9 and smaller but there the image quality is poor
Have a look at my flickr red sea set for some Inon images and you get the idea

Thanks for the tips!

So I'm going to buy the RX-100 II and the Ikelite housing. Which wet lens and which red filter would you recommend? Can you give me a "budget" option and a best quality option?

Thank you all!

Ikelite is functional and has some ergonomic limitations if this is all you can afford then your best lens choice is the Inon UWL-H100 type 1 as the lens sits closer to the housing and this improves optical quality and eliminates vignette

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom