So............this happened to me today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

urbaneve71

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I go to my usual online site to buy a 5.99 mask strap....AND...…………….$893.27 later (sigh) I ended up with 2 new wetsuits (one 3mm full and the new SP everflex 1.5mm set) and a couple of other things. Tax season is so bittersweet.

o_O are tech classes that expensive!?

It is like going grocery shopping when you are hungry -- go in for a gallon of milk and come home with 300 bags of stuff

If you get that much money back in your tax refund, you are having too much taken out of your paycheck in withholding tax. The government sure isn't paying you interest on all of that "free money" they have held and spent for the past year.

My father-in-law was a CPA so he helped my find the sweet spot on what to claim each year -- has worked perfect for me for years now

My father-in-law was a CPA so he helped my find the sweet spot on what to claim each year -- has worked perfect for me for years now

Great if it works out perfectly for you. For me, the sweet spot is insuring our government does not have one cent of my money any sooner, or longer, than absolutely necessary. Over the past four decades, I have found the returns from my own investments of "tax money" that will be owed to the Treasury far exceed the penalty paid for not having sufficient funds withheld from paychecks, retirement income, etc. But, I do recognize everyones' circumstances are not the same, and I am very happy you got two new wetsuits and other dive goodies with your tax refund.

Great if it works out perfectly for you. For me, the sweet spot is insuring our government does not have one cent of my money any sooner, or longer, than absolutely necessary. Over the past four decades, I have found the returns from my own investments of "tax money" that will be owed to the Treasury far exceed the penalty paid for not having sufficient funds withheld from paychecks, retirement income, etc. But, I do recognize everyones' circumstances are not the same, and I am very happy you got two new wetsuits and other dive goodies with your tax refund.

At least you have the option to choose what is withheld... not a possibility on this side of the pond...

I extremely rarely make impulsive scuba purchases, most are researched and decisions are made in advance. Even if I would have a surprise refund, ha!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom