So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I haven’t eaten at a McDonald’s in over 25 years, maybe 30.

I was doing great not eating out, but this stupid virus has totally changed the way I eat. Our stores over here are bare so I am getting well aquainted with DoorDash (lord my bank account looks so sad LOL)

Which?

In a video meeting, I have both verbal and visual interaction. Im getting both what they're saying and their body language. What other non-verbal signals are we sending? I believe that the clue is in those small pauses (look away, take a sip of that coffee mug, go to refill your water glass, zone out for a short time) that we don't get in a virtual environment.

1) Nothing beats a face-to-face meeting.

2) Video teleconference is next.

3) Telephone conference gets the bronze.

4) E-mail, when written thoughtfully, cogently and free from errors, keeps things moving forward for an audience that exceeds the scope of a routine meeting.

5) Text sometimes merits a participation prize.

I am getting some really high quality workouts in and crushing my way towards a four million meter goal on my Concept2 rower. Once I get my cardio back to where it was a couple of years ago when I was training for an ultra-marathon, I’ll expand my workout variety and resume with kettlebells.

I am so thankful I have a home gym for a variety of cardio and strength and conditioning.

I was doing great not eating out, but this stupid virus has totally changed the way I eat. Our stores over here are bare so I am getting well aquainted with DoorDash (lord my bank account looks so sad LOL)

Still bare? I was at Jewel-Osco (big Chicago chain grocery a few days ago).Bread is a bit scarce around here, but there were no longer any limits on milk or eggs. Fruit was fully stocked. I was unhappy I couldn't get any of my Chobani cherry Greek yogurt. There was a sale and the shelf was picked clean.

@Marie13 -- a lot of the things that I normally get off my shopping list are gone. I order my stuff (since I am considered high-risk and staying in being socially responsible not to spread or contract anything) and I am getting call backs that almost everything I order is out of stock. I have talked to a few of my friends in my area and they are saying the same things -- a lot of the shelves are bare.

Kool...I'm tuning my Aprilia Factory track bike...cant wait to hit the track again!

I’m a die hard Duc Corse fan but that doesn’t prevent me from admiring and appreciating other teams and riders (and Prillers are great bikes, too). So, I’m excited to see where Aprilia takes the team this year. Shame about the Andrea Iannone scandal but it’s been nice to see Aleix Espárgaro so excited to race based on all the improvements Aprilia has made. KTM’s the other team to watch.....with Dani Pedrosa providing his seasoned feedback and Brad Binder piloting, there’s bound to be some huge gains this year for Katoom (well, whenever racing gets underway that is).

Where do floridians have to drive to get 1st class boose? Around Lake City I can get Jack Daniels everywhere, Silver select is a lot harder to find, and Pappy von Winkel family reserve 20 year old is impossible to find. Is the selection in Georgia better?

Michael

I may or may not make my own.......

I am much better at beer making though.

Attachments

• 20180311_180101.jpg
    20180311_180101.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 39
Making your own booze in north Florida is about as hillbilly as it gets.

I salute you, Cave Country Bumpkin.

Making your own booze in north Florida is about as hillbilly as it gets.

I salute you, Cave Country Bumpkin.

Making beer is yuppie. Now brewing moonshine that is hillbilly. Double points if the moonshine can be used as an engine degreaser as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom