So What Is Everyone Doing To Pass Time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I run an IT consulting company. We have been busier than ever and are even looking to hire right now. In some ways, I wish I had time to catch up on other stuff but, for now, I'm going to "make hay while the sun shines".

Resume finished, eyeballed by a couple of folks for spelling and such, and sent off to recruiter. Got my last paycheck today. More than I expected. Enabled me to cover everything through the end of May, with a tidy sum left over that allows me to dive at the local quarry when they reopen in early May.

I know we've got several other folks here out of work. If you need help with your resume, this resume building website was a HUGE help. I'd not done one in years. They charge you $2.45 for 14 day access in order to download your resume, but if you truly need help, that's a bargain. www.resume-now.com

with a tidy sum left over that allows me to dive at the local quarry when they they reopen in early May.
I wouldn't bet my entire life's savings on that. IJS.

I'm planning for this chit to blow over after summer. At the earliest.

89D0809B-4360-4ECE-B71B-DCD276768C7C.jpeg

24x36 oil on canvas - untitled

I’ve finally had time to do some artwork and create some sea paintings. I’m working from past sketches and imagination since we’re not allowed to go cruising around willy nilly, so I can’t get out to the coast right now and paint on the spot.
With a strict shelter in place order bordering on a total lockdown here in Norcal, pretty much all my non essential work is on hold for at least another month. I went to the east bay last week a few days but went directly to the job, which was isolated, and back to home base and made no stops. Starting this week though I feel like restrictions are even tighter and unless something is critical nobody has any business being out at all. Just being out there puts you and others at risk, car breakdown, possible traffic accident, etc. you never know what will happen so it’s prudent to minimize the risk.
I will also be able to buckle down in my shop and tool up the remaining plate flat stock I have laying around so when things start flowing again they will be ready.
After that the pencil and paint/canvas will come out and the imagination fired up drawing and painting my favorite place, the sea.
At least I have enough art materials laying around to last a year.

One can always hope!
Hope springs eternal. Without it, we might as well lie down and die.

We all handle this chit differently. Me, I prefer to err on the slightly pessimistic side, that way there's less of a risk I'll be disappointed. Others handle it differently, who am I to judge?

I rode my bike up to the Hollywood sign this morning. A lot of hill climbing and 45 miles on the bike, but my weight is holding steady and my immune system is strong.
Capitol Records small.jpg

Capitol Records

Paramount Pictures small.jpg

Paramount Studio

Hollywood Sign 5 small.jpg

Last house on Mulholland

Hollywood Sign 3 small.jpg

Hollywood Sign small.jpg

Hollywood Forever Cemetery is closed, so I'm sure the observatory is as well. I saw lines around the block at four different bank ATMs. Is this another internet rumor that's causing insanity amongst the Sheeple? First toilet paper, bottled water, and eggs and now hoarding cash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom