Socks, Soft Shoes, Hard Shoes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba-junky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Another questions.

I know this is personal preference, but I'll throw it out there and see what I get. My old dry suit had built in boots. I'm not sure if that is a good way to go with the new suit or not. Neoprene socks and rock boots? Its another item to pack for a trip. It looks like USIA has 3 different types of boot options.

1) Standard Hard Sole Boot
2) USIA All-terrain Over-boot
3) Soft Sole boot

How durable is the soft sole boot? Is it good enough to walk across parking lots, gravel, some rocks etc.?

The hard sole boot has a higher heal and looks like it could be an ankle twister.

Does anyone have any suggestions on boots. Integrated soft, hard or non integrated over-boot?

I need to order my suit today.....

I have the hard sole with the heel and they work fine for me. I don't like the neoprene sock with the rockboots because the sock tends to bunch up and I find it uncomfortable. I also do some shore diving and the soft boots just wouldn't hold up. Other then that, you need to decide what type of diving you will do and what will work best for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom