Trip Report Socorro Dec 20-28, 2019 Nautilus Belle Amie Video and Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Are the dive sites fairly close to the moorings? There are some long panga rides out at Cocos on which a boat coat of some kind is nice to have.

Are the dive sites fairly close to the moorings? There are some long panga rides out at Cocos on which a boat coat of some kind is nice to have.

Yes, just a few minutes away. For the checkout dive and some of the dives on the last day we jumped off the back of the boat.

Also wondering if the Belle Amie has always given such thorough safety briefings and always had the same safety coverage for fire suppression or if some is new in light of recent events. I know that the OP cannot answer this as it was his only time aboard.

‘I’d say it’s standard. I remember the fire safety and fire drills being very comprehensive when I went to Socorro years ago on the nautilus....

‘I’d say it’s standard. I remember the fire safety and fire drills being very comprehensive when I went to Socorro years ago on the nautilus....

They were serious about safety. We had a few false alarms because of hot showers and the crew sprung into action until the all clear was given. My friend wanted to play music on wireless speaker on the dive deck while we were getting ready and they said that they don’t allow music for safety reasons too.

They were serious about safety. We had a few false alarms because of hot showers and the crew sprung into action until the all clear was given. My friend wanted to play music on wireless speaker on the dive deck while we were getting ready and they said that they don’t allow music for safety reasons too.

Oh gosh that would suit me!!

On my last liveaboard, one guy chose to listen to music from the onboard system, rather than with ear buds some other way. So much for my nap.

Also wondering if the Belle Amie has always given such thorough safety briefings and always had the same safety coverage for fire suppression or if some is new in light of recent events. I know that the OP cannot answer this as it was his only time aboard.

I did a trip on the Belle Amie to Guadeloupe in Nov 2018, yes we had a fire drill and were asked not to charge batteries in our rooms. This was before the recent tragedy in California.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom