Trip Report Socorro Real Time Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That’s me with 5mm full wetsuit & 1mm hood. It’ll be a bit warm for the 1st couple of days. Then it’ll be comfortable for the rest of the trip for this wimpy Indonesian.

13DEEA27-0E0E-46C4-9F39-C638DCAAC5F1.jpeg

That’s me with 5mm full wetsuit & 1mm hood. It’ll be a bit warm for the 1st couple of days. Then it’ll be comfortable for the rest of the trip for this wimpy Indonesian.
Looking at a new 5mm now. Kind of wondering if I could sneak by with my 3mm full and Lavacore hooded vest and shorts since my 5mm is beyond shot. If not it's a good excuse to buy a new 5mm.. :)

Thanks, Dan. Going to start planning this one now. Do you normally dive it in a 5mm full with hood that time of year?

Christmas is a great time to go. Nautilis is the only company operating then so only a few boats out there and no issues sharing sites.

Christmas is a great time to go. Nautilis is the only company operating then so only a few boats out there and no issues sharing sites.
Thanks! Will see what availability looks like for this year or next.

I’m going December 23-31. :yeahbaby:

I’d take a 5mm, water temp was 76-80 when I was there but mostly in 77-78 range.

This was for December 20-29 2019.

Looking at a new 5mm now. Kind of wondering if I could sneak by with my 3mm full and Lavacore hooded vest and shorts since my 5mm is beyond shot. If not it's a good excuse to buy a new 5mm.. :)
I have done it similarly before. I wore 3mm full wetsuit for 1st couple of days. Then I put 2mm shorty over the 3mm full wetsuit for the rest of the trip.

Did that way in Cocos too, before I got my new 5mm full wetsuit. Also in Galápagos I put 2mm shorty over my 5mm full wetsuit before I have a 7mm wetsuit.

Now I have 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm to bring to a dive trip. LOL

I have done it similarly before. I wore 3mm full wetsuit for 1st couple of days. Then I put 2mm shorty over the 3mm full wetsuit for the rest of the trip.

Did that way in Cocos too, before I got my new 5mm full wetsuit. Also in Galápagos I put 2mm shorty over my 5mm full wetsuit before I have a 7mm wetsuit.

Now I have 1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 5mm, and 7mm to bring to a dive trip. LOL
Nice! I'd rather spring for a new 5 than be that weirdo that shows up with a drysuit.

Nice! I'd rather spring for a new 5 than be that weirdo that shows up with a drysuit.
On my second LOB trip, I was on the Belize Aggressor 3. One member of our group had a light-weight "Tropical Dry Suit" that he wore on the night dives.

If that is what you need to stay warm, I say go for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom