Sodwana Lodging and Diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would also try June, Great diving every where. Cape Town diving is best in Winter although weather is not always great, Sardine Run is awesome and if you miss that at least all the sharks are around. I dived in Aliwal Shoal in June/July and we dived with Sharks on every dive, Sodwana also awesome that time of year and not as busy as it can be.

The only down side is the cooler water this time of year; 21-22degrees C which for me is not really an issue.

Cape Town is around 14-16 degrees C up from around 11 in Summer

mjh:
Checked into the Sardine Run, just not enough time to fit that in. You really need to dedicate a week to it, so Sodwana it is!

Sardine run will be usaually at the full moon, you might check and see if you hit that phase while you are visiting.

Sardine run is tempting but the logistics of it are not going to work on this trip. Plus I would feel obligated to bring all the dive gear. This trip we are just going to bring masks and computers, rent everything else.

Not sure who you are diving with but I would definately use Colin from Amoray Divers. If you want contact details let me know. He is brilliant. Did I sAY THAT ALREADY? Well if I did I'll say it again. Use Colin you want regret it.

drew52 we have not picked a operation for Sodwana yet, still 6mths off. Found a listing on the web for Mseni Lodge/Amoray Divers, but no website. Do they have one? Side note: How did we survive with out the web? At my age I find it strange how important Websites have become.

They have a website I just can't remember the link but it wasn't a great one or maybe they had one that is no more.

Colin's email is: info@amoraydiving.com. I suggest contacting him early they usually take a couple of days to get back to you. Sodwana is one of those small types of places where certain technologies have not necessarily caught on yet.

Their operation is fantastic though, customer service great and Colin knows the reefs better than most. I wouldn't look anywhere else when it comes to diving. If you do contact him tell him Andrew & Zani say hi. Good Luck and enjoy. Sodwana is definately one of our highlight destinations. You definately want to dive 9 mile, 7 mile and 5 mile reefs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom