Sola 1200 S/F opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a Sola 2500 back in April when they were 40% off. Agree with others that at full retail, they're overpriced.

My magnetic switch broke after the first dive to about 90 ft. When I called the support number, there was no option to talk to anyone, just send in an email with your issue. I took a shot and pressed "0" to see what would happen. I got lucky and a person did answer and they were from customer support. The support person was OK but clearly they weren't versed in troubleshooting or an engineer. For a premium product at a premium price, I'd expect better support. I think Shearwater has spoiled me. To their credit, they didn't require me to send back the broken light and sent me a new one. I'm diving the crap out of this light to see if it will break under the warranty period... so far so good. As others have said, you may do better with a light that has a user replaceable battery... especially if you're doing multiple dives with the light. It lasts on full power (spot) about 1+ hours.

Thank you everyone. I ended up purchasing a SEAC R15 along with a SEAC T5 as a back up. I really wanted to stay way from lights made in China but I could not find a single light made elsewhere that had an adjustable Spot/Flood function, a battery that is user replaceable and can be charged in the light without removing it. The other plus to the R15 is the range of brightness, simply hold the powered button and it slowly dims cycling from 900 to 50 lumin's. Release the button when preferred brightness is reached. I really liked the Sola and the goodman handle it comes with, if it was a brighter Spot and a user replaceable battery I would happily have paid $$$ for it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom