Sola dive 500 replacement battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Julian55

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I sent my light in a few weeks ago to get the battery changed and just got it back, when I plugged the light in to charge, within 10 minutes it was showing a full charge. After diving for the first time tonight I was surprised that within minutes the lights went to brown and within a 1 hour dive the red lights were present. The battery should be lasting more than 1 hour according to your website, it seems no better than when I sent it in. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Julian,
The Sola's battery indicator works as follows:
Green: 100-75%
Amber: 75-50%
Red: 50-25%
Flashing Red: 25-0%

With a rated burn time of 70 minutes, it sounds like your light is reaching 50% charge within an hour, which is about normal for a dive in which you toggle between high and medium.

If your light is going amber early, it may be that your battery status indicator sensor needs to be recalibrated. You can do this by charging the light all the way up, running it all the way down (in the sink or bathtub), then charging it immediately all the way up again.

I will try recalibrating the battery sensor, it went amber after a few minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom