Solid State Oxygen Cells

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

...would as well be very very interested in 1st hand information if someone was able to share experience.

They aren’t in the wild yet. The M28 computer to read them is a nice machine.

I don’t believe anyone outside of Poseidon test divers have used these sensors yet.

So they're optically read (CCD + LED? IR light wavelength shift?) and they use chemically coated material that changes color. But they last... forever? That is really impressive. I would have imagined the chemicals in sensor that react to o2 and change color would have to be replaced.

Too bad it will be proprietary to one vendor for a good while but great news seeing this kind of innovation.

They are claiming a 10 year lifetime, the cost seems to be the same as galvanic cells over the same period.

I had an interesting chat with some guys who are developing a combined O2 and CO2 solid state sensor as well, that will be a game changer for sure if it works as advertised.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom