Solo air rental near blue bay?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@tkaelin Thanks I also looked at your trip report which was very good. @Andreas Curacao I knew about your solo rental stance. I hope to find some good partner(s) when I arrive as I don't mind having a buddy. Other than the more adventurous beaches do people usually have a easy time finding others to dive with? I did se a report of one SB user saying he just told the rental place what area he'd be sitting in and to send anyone looking to dive over. Not sure how well it worked out?

Hi Wicket,

Usually there's always divers staying at Marazul, so you may meet some buddies already at the resort.

If you hang out at our place a bit you probably will see folks getting ready to dive who may not mind to have some extra company.

And of course we can ask guests of ours, so as long as there's an easy way to contact you we can let you know, and they can directly make contact with you.

See you on Curaçao,

Andreas

You will need a car and if you have a place with a kitchen and plan on eating any meals in you will want to plan to pick up foodstuffs before you get out to Westpunt.
Probably the best advice in this thread. There's probably 1/2 dozen restaurants in Westpunt total, Sol Foods (restaurant) is only open weekends (go if you can) and 1, maybe 2? mini-markets nearby. Landhuis Misje gets recommended also.

As you leave the airport, go straight south at the rotary (instead of west to Westpunt) - follow the sign to Piscadera - and within an intersection or two Centrum Market will be on the right corner. IIRC it's a stoplight. They're used to shoppers living out west, on top of the coolers there were discardable styro boxes - I think they were $1. And either block Ice or dry ice in front - probably the better part of an hour to Marazul from there. Centrum Supermarket

We stayed 4 days south of Marazul in Lagun and twice drove up to Westpunt for dinner - and once back to town. There really wasn't much else in the area. Landhuis Daniel on the main road was recommended for dinner by our apt. mgr - didn't get there.

Last edited:
I'll be renting a car when I find the company I should use lol. Problem with food is we get in late due to AA flight times. Looks like the first morning will be spent getting some groceries.

Centrum was great. On our next trip to CUR and Westpunt, I will arrange with the transfer co. to just give us our truck at the airport. Centrum from the airport is an easy stop and well worth it before heading out. Heading back just to get groceries was a bit of a drag. The markets on the way out are still 15-20 mins out and not much of a selection other than basics such as beer, cheese, bread etc.

Everybody has that problem with that flight - part of my group did also. I spent the night in Houston (buddy lives there) so we could get in at 2PM. IIRC Centrum closes at 8PM so it might be worth a shot if you get your bags/car quickly - it's only a couple mile detour.

As long as you're driving over in the morning, Cost-U-Less is also an option - under a mile NE from Centrum. Cost U Less Home - Curaçao

Something didn't look right on that map I linked to earlier either - I think their marker is too far east. Edit: I see what it is, they're only showing the Mahaai location not the 2nd listed in Piscadera. Now that i see a map, Cost-U-Less is just about where it says La Curacao also - a 1/4? mi. up and right.
Capture.JPG

Ask your rental person also, they may be willing to stock basics for you for a small fee. Some of the rentals we looked at offered. On vrbo.com which also lists some of the Marazul properties.

Last edited:
On our trip, I went to the Cost U Less first as I stumbled across it before finding the Centrum. IMHO I would go to Centrum. The Cost U Less was like a Costco. Unless you are into bulk, you be better off at the Centrum which is more like a typical supermarket.

Thanks agin guys! My flight gets in at 8:56pm so they will be closed the apartment said they would be okay grabbing a few things but I think I'll just do it on my own in the morning. Thinking even if it's 30-40 minutes each way I'll still have most of the day left when I get back to the apt.

Count down is on 6 days left. If anyone will be around 18-25th and needs a buddy let me know. If not I'll try my luck at the dive sites.

Have fun, enjoy and be safe. Looking forward to a trip report.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom