Solo and Redundant Computer(or how is most solo diving done?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No worries, such people are effectively removed by today's OW training. :wink:

Unfortunately, a lot really are.

I can't tell you the number of people I run into who tell me they "used to dive" and proceed to explain how they "took a class," and then within the next dive or two got injured or scared and never went diving again.

flots

That would be my wife.

...//... I can't tell you the number of people I run into who tell me they "used to dive" and proceed to explain how they "took a class," and then within the next dive or two got injured or scared and never went diving again. ...//...

Ah.

Now I get it, the agencies rely on one's innate sense of "self preservation" or other undefinables for removing those that should not dive. This is starting to make sense to me...

Ah.

Now I get it, the agencies rely on one's innate sense of "self preservation" or other undefinables for removing those that should not dive. This is starting to make sense to me...

It really sounds like "tinfoil hat" time, but I always wondered if at some level that wasn't part of the plan.

From the viewpoint of a high volume certification agency, someone who takes the classes, buys the books and cards and never dives is the perfect customer: All profit and no risk.

flots.

From the viewpoint of a high volume certification agency, someone who takes the classes, buys the books and cards and never dives is the perfect customer: All profit and no risk.

LOL... it would certainly help validate training-safety statistics if a high proportion of divers qualified under a program subsequently didn't dive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom