solo diving article...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is a good basic/background article on solo diving, superficially covering gas management, redundant gas supply, cutting tools and SMB/reel. I do not think most diving is particularly dangerous but think Nemrod's view is a bit extreme.

I have never run out of gas but have used nearly all my primary gas on purpose a number of times. I have never had a significant equipment malfunction but that is always a possibility. I have been seriously entangled only once, with heavy monofilament on a solo night dive on the Captain Tony off Boynton Beach. I did not try to disentangle myself for very long and the line was much to strong to break. My Trilobite line cutter made short work of it and I went on my happy way. I have use my SMB and reel on many occasions, mostly while drift diving off Jupiter.

Solo diving and solo diving skills may make for safer divers, personally, it's most often just the way I would prefer to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom