Solo Diving Dissertation Questionnaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey there!
I am a final year degree student studying Outdoor Recreation and Adventure tourism at the University of Derby, Buxton. I am writing my dissertation on the motivatons behind Solo Diving and the impact that new developments in Solo Diver training have had on diver participation. It would be a great help to me if you could fill in this questionnaire to help with my research! This questionnaire follows the Data Protection Act and no data provided will be passed on to third parties. Thank you very much for your time, it is a big help!! :)

Here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/KZW92SP

just an FYI, many divers have multiple certifications and sometimes from multiple agencies, although the wording of question 5 seems to indicate that you are only expecting them to have 1.

Done - good luck P

Done, good luck.

But question 5 allows you to enter as many certs as you want...

Done.
The "how often do you dive" thing is a bit inaccurate though. Where I live the water is iced over almost half the year, making the diving more frequent during the summer season that the winter, which makes my dives be monthly, sometimes quarterly for the "off season" and weekly for the summer.. I had to go with the "middle" option of monthly..

NomadicScuba, are you a trained & certified solo diver yourself?

Done.

Survey completed. I had the same problem with the frequency, and so said "monthly." I do dive the pool during the off months, testing out old regulators that I have salvaged and testing their operation in-water. This is to keep my skills up, and also I "qualify" old regulators for open water by first diving them in the pool and putting them through their paces.

SeaRat

Back
Top Bottom