solo diving/ pony tank rental?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jf3193

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking at heading to Curacao in the near future. I solo dive, have my self reliant card so i could rent pony bottles easily in Bonaire. Will I be able to rent a pony bottle setup in Curacao? Also, will i get an hassle over diving solo from shore?

I pack a 13cf with the valve removed in my checked bag when traveling to Bonaire and Cozumel.

I pack a 13cf with the valve removed in my checked bag when traveling to Bonaire and Cozumel.
thanks soloist!

I stayed at sunscape resort and they rented tanks (with solo card) and even had a 40 pony
if I needed it, I took my own also in checked bag
I dove around the island and never had an issue

Reach out to Goby Divers. Should be able to take care of whichever size you need.

I stayed at sunscape resort and they rented tanks (with solo card) and even had a 40 pony
thanks bilbb!!!

thanks Bilbb!!

Soloist, how hard is it to remove and attach the valve once you arrive. (sounds easy, but i dont have one in front of me. )

Valves should be just a fist bump past finger tight as the oring is doing the sealing so should remove by hand when empty. If a wrench is needed to put the valve on it's too tight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom