Solo exercises?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wilderness Medic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Anyone have some exercises to practice by yourself when trainings just don't happen enough or keep getting cancelled?

All I can think of is blacking out my mask and working on fine motors kills like tying and untying things at the bottom of a pool.

Any advice on training and staying fresh solo appreciated...

DELETED

????

I don't do specific practice sessions, but now and again, I'll shut some valves and isolators off, swap regs and stuff. I almost always have my camera with me, so I'll so this with my stuff dangling from a lanyard.

<---- This profile pic was taken during one of those sessions, in 150' of 38° water. I lived.

PS. You don't actually need to black your mask out. You can just shut your eyes. You are the candidate in that test, but also the Instructor. If you cheat, you'll know it!

PPS I didn't realize I was in a Pulic Service Forum, so just ignore me. Although I have done about 2000 or maybe even 2500 solo dives.

Last edited:
Maybe that's why the first guy deleted... Yeah exercises for PSDs....

I'm good with masks off reg swaps all that stuff is fairly simple.

Storm diver how do practice entanglement? Sounds like one ex cerise that should be practiced in a group with a dedicated safety.

Probably should have 1 person to help if needed. Thinking as a solo instructor, as I am right there to help, if needed. Probably not useful to you in your situation. As "simple" as those exercises are... It never ever hurts to go back to the basics.

I used to do search patterns i.e. sweep and jackstays with my eyes closed and line signals when the someone was around to help.
Also I solo dove alot of blackwater farm ponds to practice as well.
Even if you only have 1 or 2 divers or shore help you can do practice on your own.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom