Solo gear configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As for gear configuration-what about the spare mask?

I don't carry one. I don't see the point. I know some people do and I was wondering about your justifications for it.

I don't carry a spare mask either, because losing my mask on the dives I do would a pain in the butt, but not deadly. I'm in shallowish, fairly warm, and usually pretty clear water, and could just surface normally and swim to shore.

However, if I were diving in an environment that for whatever reason did not permit an easy ascent to the surface, I would need to consider the increased risk losing a mask might pose. If getting to the surface involved needing clear vision to find my way there; or if it was absolutely essential that I be able to read my guages (depth, time, dive computer, compass), not having a mask could be extremely dangerous or even fatal.

Best wishes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom