Some exciting video footage of shark in Sth Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JulieannevZ:
I just discovered this video of a diver being towed by a Great White around South African waters.

It's not something I've thought of doing. Has anyone else?

Watch the video carefully or you'll miss the diver.

Video of Diver being towed by shark in South Africa

I love White Sharks, but I think I would best be suited to stay in the cage and not out of it. But if they man wants to swim with a really really big fish, then that's his own problem.

Those in the "senseless Killer" camp should read Susan Casey's "Devils Teeth" This is an excellent book on her time spent on Southeast Farallon Island, 27 miles from San Francisco, and the researchers interaction and study of the Great white sharks there.

1st impression: Jaws does not do the White Shark's size justice. (20' long by 6' tall and 8' wide.

2nd thought. They are not senseless killers eating anything they find. You'll notice that Andre was only bitten by the shark not consumed. We are not shark food.

Read the book and leave the sharks alone.

A friend just mentioned Casey's "Devils Teeth" to me in the doctor's office the other day. It sounds like a good read. Maybe I will have to take some time off from my video editing to read it.

CAZZZ...
Really really scary. Hart beating at 200 pulse a minute if I was in the same situation. Will not happen...
A cage yes but like this no.
Very impressive

Great footage and really great site. Those of us that also surf will and do appreciate this site.

As for Andre, stupidity does not begin to describe his actions. The reference to the bear guy is right on target.

Wasn't Hartman the same guy that took Jean-Michel Cousteau out free diving with the great whites? I remember being in Fiji and seeing the picture of JMC hitching a ride on one of the great whites by holding onto its dorsal fin. I had heard about it previously from other Cousteau associates.

Must admit I don't have the cajones to try it. I was quite comfortable inside my cage at Guadalupe Island last December. If I remember correctly, Hartman checked out the Guadalupe great whites and thought they were much more unpredictable than those off South Africa.

Beautiful animals... at least from the safety of the cage!

Finatik:
Great footage and really great site. Those of us that also surf will and do appreciate this site.

As for Andre, stupidity does not begin to describe his actions. The reference to the bear guy is right on target.

with years of research under his belt, i wager any money he is more informed about his actions than you are to decide his sanity.

Back
Top Bottom