Some pics from Maldives made with Panasonic Lx5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

very cool pictures ! Thanks for sharing !
the WA lens seems to work pretty well, could you imagine the manta shot with a 8mm ;-) There are a few macro which look pretty impressive too ! And you could do both with the same lens...

So a great and interesting album to wonder WTH one would need a m43

Thank you Stargost.
Probably you are right, a compact camera like the Lx5 is more versatile.
But I have seen some pictures made with a m4/3 and the quality was superior undoubtedly.
The costs of the lens (especially Pana-Leica 45 macro) and of the underwater ports, brake my enthusiasm for m4/3...
Here you can see even some videos made in Maldives with the Lx5
Alimatha Night Dive - Maldive 2012 - YouTube
Whale Shark by Night - atollo di Suvadiva Maldive 2012 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9VMOyo2WdA&list=UU9QR3kYo0rTAOMOuhadHfwg&index=2&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpeUBCTiNQc&list=UU9QR3kYo0rTAOMOuhadHfwg&index=1&feature=plcp
Ciao.
Scipionems

very nice

Hi Scipione,
Thanks for sharing. The videos are impressive! All these nice beast on the same trip!
It's the first time a see images made with the Inon Uwl-H100 & lX5, how does the Inon lens perform?
I'm planning to use the same lens inside the 10bar dome port, but i'm a little skeptical regarding it's sharpness.
Regards
Chaker

Hi Shaker,
the Inon Uwl-H100 28M67 works very well in front of Nauticam and 10Bar Housing (I have both these housing).
It doesn't vignette in front of Nauticam.
In front of 10Bar housing vignette just a little in the upper corner , but this depends on the silica-gel that i put inside the 10bar housing (without the silica-gel no vignetting).
The image quality is quite enough good at the corners of the picture.
Probably just a little softness, but quite acceptable for me.
Try to see these pictures 6881980408_aa94b69832_z.jpg 6881979580_823c427cbb_z.jpg
I used the Inon Uwl lens for the video of Night Dive in Alimatha (the one with the nurse shark) and for the eagle-rays video .
Happy Easter :)
Ciao.
Scipionems

Hi shaker,
try to see even this picture for the image quality at the corners.

Attachments

• P1020385.jpg
    P1020385.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 247
It's the first time a see images made with the Inon Uwl-H100 & lX5, how does the Inon lens perform?
I'm planning to use the same lens inside the 10bar dome port, but i'm a little skeptical regarding it's sharpness.

FWIW, there's also a dome unit that can be attached to the UWL-H100, although based on tests performed by Reef Photo using the Nauticam housing, you get vignetting with that setup. So it is possible that you'll get vignetting if you use that lens inside the 10bar dome port.

Hi
Hi shaker,
try to see even this picture for the image quality at the corners.

Thanks Scipione,
I found the 2 samples with the gorgonia sharper then the last one, but it's still difficult to have a good idea with small samples.
I finally will stay with my setup, it's sometimes not enough wide (100°) for my needs. I will go soon for a m43 solution probably the E-M5 and will have more choices.
I looked at the specs of the Inon converter, i was surprised to notice that it's heavier (530gr) than the E-PL3 with the 9-18mm lens together (468gr)!

Here is an example with my setup, LX5, Sony converter and the 10bar dome port:
18mm, f4, 1/160s
p1040275f.jpg

Center screenshot:
bildschirmfoto20120415u.png

Corner screenshot:
bildschirmfoto20120415us.png

FWIW, there's also a dome unit that can be attached to the UWL-H100, although based on tests performed by Reef Photo using the Nauticam housing, you get vignetting with that setup. So it is possible that you'll get vignetting if you use that lens inside the 10bar dome port.

I'm aware of the Reef photo test. In my case, i was talking about a dray solution without the flat port. the converter will be directly mounted in front of the camera lens inside the dome. There will be no vignetting. The dome itself doesn't vignette.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom