Some pics from Sudan made with Panasonic Lx5 in Nauticam Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lot of Hammerhead.... but i was not able to take one decent picture of them.....
Every time too far for me and the condition of the light not so good to take a good picture :(
Surely because i have not enough technic to take a good picture :wink:

thanks for the answer. What depth and what number did you have. WAter temperature?

Found 17 in Daedaleus @ 45/50 m. Wtare 26°C. Some came as close as 2/3 m from me.

Hi Freewillow,
I saw the Hammerheads in different dives and at different depths... sometimes at 25 meters ... but sometimes at 40-45 meters, and at these depths the light and the visibility is not so good...
I went in May so the temperature of the water was quite enough good 24-26° ...
Here you can see a short video made in 2012 .... it is not very good... but you can evaluate the number and the visibility....

Thank you. Too bad, the vis. Great animals :). I am raising the question because we went there with "le baron noir" and we did not see one HH .... :(

Thank you. Too bad, the vis. Great animals :). I am raising the question because we went there with "le baron noir" and we did not see one HH .... :(
Thank you Freewillow,
I went in Sudan 6 times , and the last two times making an exploring Liveboard at the extreme south , near the borders of Eritrea...
Overtime we saw the Hammerheads ... it all depends surely by Lucky... but even by good guides....
I went with Compagnia del Mar Rosso.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom