Sony A6000 / A6300 meikon housing review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where did you get the latch. My A6000 CamDive housing has the same issue under stress the latch broke. I have contacted CamDive and am waiting for a response. Mine is no longer under warrantee. I need a "Plan B" if they can't or won't do anything for me...

Well you have 2 options .. Buy another housing on Ebay .. Or do a fix like me..
You can buy latches online at Mcmaster carr .. Or Dive Xtras ..

Well you have 2 options .. Buy another housing on Ebay .. Or do a fix like me..
You can buy latches online at Mcmaster carr .. Or Dive Xtras ..

Thank you. If I don't hear back from CamDive soon I will have to purchase a latch.

I think more people might be having the same issue with these housing, and I am sure their are. This seems like a real week point and needs to be redesigned.
IMG_9661.JPG IMG_9668.JPG IMG_9665.JPG

Replacement latch for Meikon or CamDive housings.

Underwater housing latch II

Last edited:
yep ... mine broke in a different place on the latch , mine cracked and blew out the long pin . there is a ton of force when you close up the housing and it seals down closed . they should update the housing with a metal latch system .

I'd be hesitant to recommend any Meikon product. I haven't used their housing but I have used their video lights which seem to have bad LED circuitry which lead to random flickering -- not what you want during video at all.

Their customer support was non-existant and they were not willing to repair, replace or even look into the matter.

I'd be hesitant to recommend any Meikon product. I haven't used their housing but I have used their video lights which seem to have bad LED circuitry which lead to random flickering -- not what you want during video at all.

Their customer support was non-existant and they were not willing to repair, replace or even look into the matter.

That's interesting. That was not my experience at all with Meikon's customer service. Considering that we are half a world away and several time zones apart. I found the customer service was good. They weren't going to fix my issue, because I was out of warranty, but I was able to purchase a replacement part for a decent price, and it was shipped to me for free. The shipping cost alone from Hong Kong, could have potentially been more then the part itself.

My only issue in the entire process, was not a Meikon problem, but a ISC LAX or U.S. Customs issue. The part sat in Customs for five days before it was released to be delivered by the USPS.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom