Sony A6000 / A6300 meikon housing review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve shot with a Sigma 60mm and an iDas ucl-02 +8 wet diopter. Using Meikon A6500 combo case with A6300.

Seems to get pretty much 1:1 macro performance and a decent working distance. But finding the target is tough given the thin focus depth

I've recently started diving and getting to the point where I'd like to take pictures under water... Leslie

FWIW I've never had a problem with my hinge (3 years with it I think). The new ported housing may be up to a year away so take that into consideration when making your choice. Not so expensive that buying one this year and again next year is outrageous... you can always sell off the fixed port housing.

On a parallel note dialing in your buoyancy and trim will benefit you immensely if you want to get into UW Photography and especially macro work. One of the best courses I ever took for honing my skills as both a diver and a photographer was PADI's Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty. Easy course to take down south while your on vacation too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom