Sony A7, Nauticam and Nikonos 15mm WA Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjh

Contributor
Reaction score
A few shots taken with the fairly new Sony A7, and good old Nikonos 15mm WA Lens via a Nauticam housing and adapter. Overall the system worked quite well though there were a few out of focus shots due to dealing with a manually focused lens. But it did have it's advantages in shooting WA in low viz, junky water in not needing a focus light. Using it in tandem with the focus peaking feature on the camera improved results.

Can't seem to get have photos linked from flicker so here is the link to the photos at my website. All in this set are with the A7 & 15mm
Aquablue Dreams

Also had the Sony RX100II and will get those posted in the next couple of days.

Last edited:
Wow...I'm intriqued by the Nik 15mm revival I have been reading about and you got some good results! I have an old-style flat-port Nik 15 that was my all-time favorite lens in my Nik II & V days. I'm going to be selling it with the view finder if you know of anyone interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom