Sony - Customer NON service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylpha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a point & shoot Sony camera which i have had for a number of years. I use it when i'm on biological dives to snap critters & habitat for reference.

In the 'marine pack' there are 2 'o'rings, one a blue rubber/silicone & the other a foamy grey stuff. the manual describes it as a 'drip proof packing. The latter was damaged & therefore needed replacing so i went to the Sony website. no way to order one, but they subcontracted their parts to 'allsonyparts' so i tried their website. no joy. so i phoned than, at that time i didn't have the manual with me so they said they would have to refer it to their enquiries department and would get back to me - by email.

a week later a letter came through the door asking for more information. by now i had retrieved the manual so i called them back & quoted the model number of the housing & the description from the manual of the part i wanted. they said they would have to refer it to their enquiries department & they would get back to me - by email.

another week later i received a letter from them telling me that they required more information - exactly the same information i had supplied a week earlier.

i conclude that this company do not want my business & that Sony do not want me to buy another Sony product - if they did then customer service would not be handled by these people.

83.gif

I don't think I would blame Sony directly. As for "allsonyparts", whomever they are, of course they are too blame since it is their employees you are having these dealings with.

Keep in mind there is no shortage of stupid and/or incompetent people in this world. Their numbers are ever increasing. You just had a dose of them.

I just got a Marine Pack for my Sony DSC-T900. Both the case and the camera are fantastic. Well thought out controls. Stylish. Yadda yadda.

BUT SONY SERVICE! Well let's just say my experience has been nothing but bad.

I scratched the camera casing and went to Sony Store to see about getting it repaired. I have an extended warrenty, so the Store had me call the service line. The guy I spoke to was a flake, had to explain myself 5 times. Only to be told I would get a call back. I never got such a call. Calling back after a week, I was told the ticket was rejected. Inquiring as to why, I found out the ticket had been writen up wrong in the first place. I got shuffled around from ext. to ext. Only to be told since the ticket was already rejected nothing more cold be done and I needed to call a local store that does Sony repairs. I'm leaving out a ton of details. But it was your standard round-robin BS. I am very much NOT IMPRESSED with Sony service or support.

Good products ... just don't break them or scratch them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom