Sony H5 + Ikelite U/W Casing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ushen

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the Sony H5 camera with the underwater casing. Any comments on this particular model?

Considering it hasn't been released yet, I doubt many have even seen it unless they've attended CES. It appears to be very similar to the HC3 with the exception of its lower lux rating (2 lux) and the one-touch white balancing which may affect whether the housing can activate WB externally.

Dr Bill, I belive he's referring to the DSC-H5 still camera (although it does shoot video clips too), which has been out a while.

sorry.. i wasn't specific about the model. yes azcaddman is right, i am referring to the sony dsc-H5 digital still camera. any comments on this digital still camera? i've read alot about the canon S3 IS digital still camera as well and comparatively the canon is much better. does the sony dsc-h5 performs well underwater?

Sorry about that, too. I must admit the DSC H5 has been confused with the HDR HC3 by me once before!

Looks like a great camera but I passed because it does not have a hot shoe for remote flash.

Dave

I passed on it also, as it didnt seem to have manual control of the flash output (or I couldnt find it, and either could the store guy).. I like to use older film strobes, and ike orange slave sensors, so need to be able to disable preflash, and its nice to turn down the internal strobe to just enough to trip the sensor (recycles much faster, saves batteries, etc).

I ended up with the canon a640 for u/w, and a panasonic fz-50 for out of water, as I couldnt find a housing for any of the panasonics.

Back
Top Bottom