sony h7 or kodak z710/any good

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

i am planning on getting one of these cameras from a local catologe shop thingy
these 2 are the only slr type cameras they have in the book

are either of them any good IYO for underwater photography, i also found an ikelite housing for the sony on the web but its quite expensive 499 pounds sterling, do any of u know of a cheaper housing for it

Sony H7 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H7 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review

and the

kodak z710 KODAK EASYSHARE Z710 Zoom Digital Camera

thanks for ur help guys hope u can help me out

My gut feeling without knowing anything about them is likely "no".

My reasonable reaction is to ask - do they even have adequate underwater housings available?

And my predictable reaction is to ask why you are considering these and not some more main stream, proven options? The Pink Link in my Signature will take you to a post that is crammed full of options including links to recent discussions and real life images from them. It's a valuable tool when you start considering what to purchase.

thanks for the help mate

the sony camera has a housing for it, isint ikelite a good manufacturer of underwater housings no???

Yes, Ike's are very very good - you can't go wrong with their housings.

Sony and Kodak are just not on the top of many people's lists when we're talking underwater work - for the same money I've yet to see a Sony perform as well as several others. YMMV

There are almost no housings for Kodak's that I am aware of.

Neither of these are slrs, either, fwiw.

okay thanks very much for ur help

i would have gone for the sony camera my self before the kodak, but ill get neither now, i will read ur thread and get back to u if i have any more questions if thats okay??

talk to u soon thanks again

Back
Top Bottom