Sony RX-100 IV, Panasonic Lumix G7, or Sony Alpha Series??????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaND

Contributor
Reaction score
Trying to figure out which camera setup to go with. I previously shot with a GoPro so regardless all of these will be better :). Any opinions on which camera to go with? I want to primarily focus on shooting stills but still have the option to shoot a very high quality video.

Tough decision, one has to consider the following:

1. Stills: for macro/"flat port use" obviously the Alpha full frame cameras are the best. Wide angle is a mixed bag, because the larger sensor you opt for, the larger dome you need.
2. Video: you have to look for 4k and full sensor readout, this you can find in the RX100 and the new A7s/rII.

Some thoughts on the subject: http://aquabluedreams.com/#/page/my-digital-de-evolution

On dryland I shoot the Sony A7II. The new A7RII and A7SII are amazing but so are the prices when you include lenses, housing and ports.

Wery interesting view, I am more for wide angle than macro, and WA is just a pain with chasing the bigger and bigger superdomes, while stopping
down to f11-f16 (practically the same level of resolution and light amount as an rx100 at f5.6). Until we don't see
decent wide converters for full-frame, I see little reason to stick to large sensors.

Back
Top Bottom