Sony RX100 Setting Custom White Balance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More like 25-27 below that depth that is pretty much no way to restore colours. I put color temp at max and tint to max but result are suboptimals and lights only work at close range. You can shoot black and white though 😄

Gloves are a problem of the housing not the camera. And the ikelite housing is notoriously problematic as the buttons are really close

My latest on WB is to buy a filter and leave it in auto full stop
Hi Interceptor121, do you mean RX100 or RX100MK2? I have yet to try my RX100 with AWB underwater although custom white balance is quite acceptable underwater.

Generally filter +AWB gives good results with both. When I was in raja Ampat flew years ago as I was white balancing like mad and then bit just forgot to change to custom after the first meters and I noticed the results were actually better and I didn't have to play with the camera. When I got the Mark II I then just went on and left it in auto and you can see the results in my Barbados video. The only parts I had to correct in edit is when I actually did a custom wb!

Generally filter +AWB gives good results with both. When I was in raja Ampat flew years ago as I was white balancing like mad and then bit just forgot to change to custom after the first meters and I noticed the results were actually better and I didn't have to play with the camera. When I got the Mark II I then just went on and left it in auto and you can see the results in my Barbados video. The only parts I had to correct in edit is when I actually did a custom wb!

Thanks. Actually I have bought the red filter for a long time(to be used behind the INON UWL H100 28M67) but never have chance to try it. I will give it a go in my next trip. :)

Back
Top Bottom