Sony rx100 v

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SecT

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi!

Looking to upgrade my camera and been looking at some different options, but think I made my choice for rx100 v. At the moment I have a canon G12 with big eye lens, a strobe (will keep the strobe) and a one arm tray with arms.

I'm thinking that i would go for the fantasea housing, ikelite dual handles quick release, one focus light (kraken or sola), one strobe (already have one sea and sea ys1) and The BigEye Lens M67 Mark II or a marco lens (not decided that yet. this setup I found for about $2000

Any thought about the set up? Other ideas? Should I do wide or macro first? Interested in both.

Any advice where to buy from? store? (states is ok even with only us shipping) Pickup/shipment to ft lauderdale.

cheers

Look into a company called Mozaik. They offer very competitively priced packages and can ship from either Canada or the US (so you have some flexibility in shipping options).

The big improvement for version V is the AF system. You may or may not benefit from that, depending on your use (i.e. action photos, probably above water). Version IV is cheaper.

I'm in the same boat with my G16. Frustrated with the auto focus in my videos. Seriously looking hard at the Sony rx100 V. Pricy though....

I haven't used the G16, but have you tried using a focus/video light?

Yes I have all of it. That helps, but the focusing is soooooo slow. I bit the bullet and got the RX100 V. HUGE difference!

Here is an example of my G16 video having issues. This was taken by my DM but with my camera.
The camera has difficulty tracking the blenny and quick movements are fuzzy.

We have a range of Sony RX100 V packages in stock. The camera has amazing AF and 4K video, in fact we sell quite a few to pros as a backup/second camera to be used with very high-end footage.

The Fantasea RX100V housing is pretty decent, with dual oring construction and convenient controls. We have a couple of the 55mm port versions on close-out at a slight reduction.

But most of our customers really like the Nauticam RX100V Pro Set that includes an aluminum 300' depth-rated housing, vacuum leak sensor system, Flexi-tray with remote trigger - all in a nice carry bag. The package price saves $250!

We have either of these in several different systems complete with lighting as well.

Last edited:
Thanks Jack, I just need to decide. I don't like my current arms either so I'm thinking about redoing the whole thing LOL

I got the Nauticam RX100IV set up with vacuum sensor, trigger, flexitray and ultralight arms for Christmas. I am very very happy with it. The only issue I have is that it is a little difficult to adjust zoom and use the trigger at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom